From Jordan Peele comes a new series called “Love Craft Country”. The pilot is gearing up to begin filming and a 2018 kids casting call has been released. The series is set to follow a young African-American as he searches for his missing father. It takes place in the 1950’s as he travels the United States trying to find him. Filming will be taking place in the Chicago, Illinois area. The casting call is looking for a Caucasian boy or girl who is 10 to 12 years old. The child actor will be portraying a kid on a bus. This will be a two day shoot taking place on Monday, August 20th and Tuesday, August 21st.
Wardrobe fittings will be held on Thursday or Friday of this week. This is a paid acting job. Those chosen will be paid $150.00 for 8 hours. The team is looking for kids with some very specific criteria. The child must weigh at least 80lbs and be at least 4’9. The new show will be airing on HBO. The network sweeps up at award season with their original series. This is a fantastic opportunity for any experienced or aspiring child actor. Kids with no experience can audition. View the 2018 HBO casting call information below!
2018 Kids Casting Call for HBO TV Show
A young African-American travels across the U.S. in the 1950s in search of his missing father. [IMDB]
You Must Absolutely Read The Entire Post!
Kids Casting Call – HBO’s Lovecraft Country
If Already Submitted and/or Booked, Do Not Submit Again
Film Date: Monday, 8/20 And Tuesday, 8/21
Wardrobe Fitting Dates: Thu., 8/16 Or Fri., 8/17
Location: Streator, Il
Looking For “Boy Or Girl On Bus”
Female/Male, Caucasian Child Ages 10 – 12, must be at least 80lbs and 4’9″ – very important you give us accurate height and weight in submission
Child’s first day of school MUST start school only after the shoot date (8/22)
This project is a period piece set in the year 1954. It focuses on the social issues during that time in history.
Every person must attend a wardrobe fitting. No exceptions. The scenes are set in the summer, and therefore because of the clothing will reveal more skin, no visible tattoos.
Hair is an important factor – no color, no wigs, no weaves – natural hair only for the women. No color and no fades for the men. For the most part, hair that is on the short side or Pompadour which was a classic style at the time. Depending on your hairstyle, you may be asked to cut your hair or grow it out.
No modern-day piercing such as nose rings and stretched piercings in the ears.
To be considered, your parent or guardian must go to http://www.4starcasting.com/minors-registration.html
Then, follow the instructions for completing the Minors’ Master Survey, and uploading the photo to agency suite.
If you have completed the registration steps above for any of our projects since 6/25/18, you may continue with the submission email.
Send an email to email@example.com with BOY OR GIRL ON BUS in the subject line
If you have more than one child, you may put all their submissions in the same email, but you must clearly list all of the information for each child. You must also provide an individual photo of each child, and you must name the photo(s).
1) Confirm you have completed the registration process for your child(ren).
2) Include the following information for each child: Name, Age (date of birth), phone, email and sizes (including shoes).
3) Scan and send a copy of current, valid, Illinois work permit for each child.
4) Send a photo of each child with their natural hairstyle. They are going to do a lot of braids, pigtails and/or ponytails, so if you have a photo of your child with one of those hairstyles – it would be helpful.
5) Confirm your mode of transportation – you must have own transportation and you would receive mileage.
6) If needed, would you cut your hair? Yes or No If needed, would you grow your hair out? Yes or No
7) Confirm your child is available for the film dates listed, and list what date(s) your child would be available for a wardrobe fitting. If available for both dates, list both, the flexibility will help with our scheduling of the wardrobe fittings.
8) What date does your child start school?
9) Confirm you are comfortable staying at the hotel overnight from 8/20 into 8/21
We will be in contact with you if your child is in consideration.