Established Beatles musical tribute show Across the Universe is holding auditions in 2017 for a guitarist/vocalist to perform the role of “George Harrison” within the group.
Across the Universe is a musical tribute, which performs the music of the Beatles and beyond as accurately as possible to the original recordings. ATU differs from other tributes in that its members are not “impersonators” and do not wear wigs or costumes in an attempt to look like the original members of the Beatles as part of the show.
The band performs between 5-8 shows per month on average. Shows vary from small pub and bar shows, to amphitheaters, theaters, festivals, and private venues. Some travel may be required.
• be proficient on electric guitar (significant professional performance experience preferred.)
• have a strong lead vocal with ability to harmonize in three and four part harmonies.
• have the ability to pick out and learn guitar parts from the original recordings.
• have appropriate equipment to recreate the guitar sounds on the original recordings.
• work well in a cooperative group environment.
• have a professional attitude and be reliable.
Additional consideration will be given to:
• applicants with formal musical training.
• applicants with existing knowledge of Beatles material/Geroge guitar and vocal parts.
¥ Multi-instrumentalists, specifically harmonica, and keyboards.
For more information on the group, visit www.acrosstheuniverseband.com.
Interested persons should submit the following information via email to GM and Musical Director, Greg Steiner at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Full name
• Contact Phone
• Contact Email
• A brief summary of qualifications
• A link to any sample videos or live recordings (if available.)