Showtime is now filming the first season of their series “The Chi”. The TV show casting call is looking for adult and child models and actors to be extras. Filming has begun for the second episode. Casting directors are looking for African American and Hispanic males ages 60-80, ethnically ambiguous and Hispanic women ages 35-65 years old, and African American, Hispanic and ethnically ambiguous kids ages 2 to 6. Adults will be paid $84.00 for 8 hours. Child actors will be compensated $150.00 for 8 hours. “The Chi” is shooting in Chicago, Illinois. These roles will be filming on June 14th. This is a great opportunity to work with a major network.
According to Deadline, “The Chi is a relevant, timely and distinctive coming-of-age story and follows a half dozen interrelated characters in the South Side of Chicago. Jason Mitchell will play Brandon, an ambitious and confident young man who dreams about opening a restaurant of his own someday, but is conflicted between the promise of a new life and his responsibility to his mother and teenage brother back in the South Side.”
If you or your child would be perfect for one of the below roles, sign up for the TV show casting call right away to be considered!
Showtime TV Show Casting Call
Project: The Chi – Episode 102
Role: Non-Union Extras
Shoot Date: 6/14
Seeking the following roles:
1) ELDERLY MAN PLAYING DOMINOES:
Male, African American or Hispanic, 60-80 years old. Please list in your submission email if you have any real experience playing dominoes.
2) PED W/CAR
Female, Hispanic, Ethnically Ambiguous, 35-65 years old. Please include the year, make, model, color of your car in your submission.
RATE: $84/8 + $35 CAR BUMP
Male/Female, African American/Hispanic, Ethnically Ambiguous, 2-6 years old. Your child MUST have a current IL work permit through 4 Star Casting or a local talent agency. Please attach a photo of their work permit in their submission email. They MUST be out of school for the summer.
To apply for the role email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
1) In the subject line put the role(s) you are submitting for ie: ELDERLY MAN PLAYING DOMINOES, PED W/CAR, KIDS. You may submit for multiple roles in a single email.
2) In the body of the email include your: name, age range, height, weight, phone number, email, and zip code in which you currently reside
3) Confirm that you have filled out the current Master Survey – https://goo.gl/forms/Isr3362YnFaAXEnC2
4) Attach one current full body photo and one headshot. Dress for the role you want!
Give us something new and fun for the files instead of the same old pics.
5) If you are submitting with your car – include the year, make, model, color.
6) If you are submitting your child, please attach their current IL work permit.